Friday, November 5, 2010

Waiting for the Bride

Read Revelation 21:9-14

Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb’s wife. Revelation 21:9 (KJV)


On the day of our wedding, my wife and I chose to follow the old tradition of not seeing each other until the actual wedding ceremony. Since our ceremony was at night, I had all day to wait to finally see her in her dress and to marry the girl who had won my heart. During the day we talked by phone a few times, and, while I was dressing in my tuxedo, she sent me a sweet card. Yet, nothing could prepare me for the moment those doors opened and she and her father stood at the back ready to come down the aisle. The long day of anticipation was worth the wait…she was breathtakingly beautiful!!!

Christ loves His church in much the same way. He longs for the day when His church will be redeemed.. For now, He chooses to talk with us through prayer and through the Holy Spirit, but the day is coming when the bride of Christ will be united with Jesus for eternity.

“Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.” The Apostle Paul (Col. 3:2)

No comments:

Post a Comment