Friday, September 24, 2010

Enter In

Read Revelation 21:22-27

Today’s Verse: “And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.” Revelation 21:25 (KJV)

I recently visited a friend’s church which met in an old grocery store building from a chain that was popular back in the 1960’s. He led me back into parts of the building which were still under renovation to show me two of the original bathroom doors. Faded onto these doors were two words: “whites” and “colored”. I stood in silence, seeing for the first time proof of the “closed doors” of racial exclusion that was accepted for so many years.

Later, as I was driving home, I couldn’t help thinking about doors that have been closed in my own life. Doors of opportunity, doors of love and friendship, doors that I hoped would open but didn’t. Maybe you can think of doors that have been closed in your life as well. Today, we can rejoice in the promise that with God all doors are open, the gates have been flung open wide for us. He loves us and will never turn us away when we come to Him in faith.


“When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.” Helen Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment