Monday, September 27, 2010

God and My Rocking Chair

Read Romans 15:7-13

Today’s Verse: Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost. Romans 15:13 (KJV)

Last night, my two year old son had a hard time going to bed. He kept waking up crying and wanting me to rock him and sing to him. Even though I was tired, I couldn’t resist him because it is obvious that he feels safe and secure in my arms. He has a very strong belief that life is better in that rocking chair. It doesn’t take him long to start singing along (usually Twinkle, Twinkle to every song) and giggling and laughing. He is at peace.

In the same way, our Heavenly Father wraps us up in His arms when we come to Him in faith. He blesses our belief with an overwhelming sense of joy and peace in being secure in Him. The Holy Spirit fills us up with a hope of abundant life found in living for Jesus. May we today celebrate the hope we have found in Him!

God, help me feel Your loving arms wrapped around me today as I place my trust in You. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment