Monday, October 25, 2010

Moving Forward

Read Isaiah 43:15-21

“Remember ye not ye the former things, neither consider the things of old. Behold I will do a new thing…” Isaiah 43:18-19 (KJV)

As I grow older, I become much more aware of my past. My troubled childhood, my embarrassments and foolish mistakes, my accomplishments and my most treasured memories are all a significant part of who I am today. If I so choose, I can allow this past to define who I am as a person and a believer in Christ for the good or for the bad. I can live in the glory of my finest moments or I can live in the shadow of my gravest mistake.

While our past is certainly important, God wants us to trust Him to lead us into the future. In this passage, God encourages His people to move on from their past and to dream of the new things He has planned for them in His will. Our God is a God of second chances, and His greatest desire is to see us become everything He has created us to be…no matter what our past may be.

No matter what has happened, it has all worked to bring you to this very moment…and this is the moment you can choose to make everything new. Start today!

No comments:

Post a Comment