Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Jogging with God

Read Psalm 90:13-17

Satisfy us in the morning with Your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days. (Psalm 90:14)

Several mornings a week, I wake up early and crawl out of bed, put on my running shoes, stretch my tired muscles, and head out for a jog. My main motivation for this exercise is to attempt to stay in shape and to control my growing waistline. Being the father of six children, some mornings I wake up tired and mull over sleeping in that day. (Some days I do!) Yet, most of the time, another motivating factor leads me out my garage door and onto sidewalk.

In the cool of the morning, I know that God is waiting for me to come and talk with Him. Like the rhythm of my feet on the pavement, there is a rhythm to the way that God invades my thoughts and prayers. He speaks to me deep in my heart and renews my spirit to live my life for His glory each day. As I drive to work on these mornings, I have a strong sense that my heart is satisfied in God’s unfailing love.

God, may my heart be satisfied in Your unfailing love this morning. Fill my heart with songs of joy and praise for Your Holy name! In Jesus’ name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment