Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Learning to Trust God's Timing

Read Psalm 90:1-12 NIV

For a thousand years in Your sight are like a day that has just gone by, or like a watch in the night. (Psalm 90:4)

As a child, I loved the Christmas season. I loved decorating the tree, driving to see the lights, singing carols, and watching the Christmas specials on TV. The one thing I didn’t like was waiting for Christmas to come. Weeks seemed to pass like years as my brother and I waited for Christmas morning. My brother and I would wake before the dawn and beg our parents to come to the tree so that we could open our presents. The rest of the day was spent playing with the toys I had been dreaming of the day before.

Now that I am grown and have wide-eyed dreamers of my own, I have learned that waiting is part of life, especially in my walk with God. I have to remind myself often that God does not work on my schedule nor does He count time the way I do. What seems like a long period of waiting for me is merely perfect timing with God. When I grow impatient, I am learning to trust that God is working out all things according to His plan in His time.

Father, teach me to trust that You are working out all things according to Your will in Your timing. As I wait for You to move in my life, grant my heart patience and contentment in every circumstance. In Jesus’ name, amen.

1 comment:

  1. I am in much agreement with your devotional.
    In Christ, Tn tom

    ReplyDelete