Friday, June 11, 2010

A Light in the Darkness

Read 1 Peter 5:5-9

Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you. (1 Peter 5:7)


Raising six children(soon to be seven), darkness is a big issue in our house. Like most children, my children are afraid of the dark. Monsters and robbers hide in the shadows of the darkness. Each night, the bathroom and closet light is left on and the nightlights are plugged in to keep the darkness at bay. Sometimes, in the middle of the night, one of our children will wake up crying from a bad dream and call out for us. As I sit on the bedside holding my trembling child, I whisper that everything is fine, Daddy is right here. Soon, that child is tucked soundly asleep in bed once again, reassured that Daddy has everything under control.

As I stumble back to bed, I can’t help but think that this is such a powerful picture of the way God cares for us. As we struggle to find our way through the shadows of this dark world, Jesus is the light that shines in our darkness. At every crossroads, He whispers, “Do not be afraid for I am with you child. I have everything under control.” In every dark valley of life, He faithfully walks with us and eases our fears. Through every painful circumstance, He calls us to trust Him with our burdens and heartaches. May we celebrate to today the blessing of having a Heavenly father who cares for us!

Trust today that God loves you and has everything under His watchful eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment